A New Life

Monday, September 2, 2013



When I was in high school and college I always wanted to be a mom but I didn't want to get married.  Don't ask me the logistics of how I was going to make that one happen.  I just knew I wouldn't marry.

Then Andrew came along and I told myself I wouldn't date him because we've known each other since kindergarten and I didn't want to go back to my past.  That clearly got far.

After we got married, we created a plan for our future.  We were going to wait until our early thirties to start a family.  We both love adventure and traveling so we soon had a trip planned for every summer from when we got married to when we would start having kids.  Between backpacking Europe, an African safari, and hitting every tropical island our toes could touch, we were ready.  Then one Sunday afternoon not even a year and a half after our wedding day, the stick said pregnant.  I knew that God was blessing us with such a wonderful gift and I was so excited but still shocked that He would choose now.

You can only imagine our reactions I'm sure.  Europe next summer was cancelled, NYC for the Macy's Day parade was put on hold.  Our world changed way earlier than we had anticipated.  Now that it has been a couple months to let it all sink in, I am ecstatic about welcoming this little one into our lives!  And scared to death.  What are we going to do with a baby?

We are the couple who buys too many toys (a boat, motorcycles (for a while we had five), canoes, a 1960's truck (because they look cool).  I drink too much, buy unnecessary crap, and am a bit too selfish.

But life is shifting and with that my priorities are too.  Now instead of steering clear of rummage sales with baby stuff, I gravitate toward them.  I now read product reviews and baby blogs instead of fashion blogs and People Magazine (although that will always be one of my guilty pleasures).

The "Erin" I knew three months ago is getting a facelift!

I will always be the same person; I'm not one to change but my responsibilities certainly are and I'm going to be ready!  I know God has blessed us right now with this little one for a reason.  What a reality check to remember who really is in charge and holds the plan!

And celebrating a new journey.  Because no matter how small or young baby, you are mine.  And regardless of what happens, someday I will hold you.

4 comments:

  1. You are FAR from selfish, and are going to be such a great mommy to Baby Campbell!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I sure have a lot to learn though!!

      Delete
  2. Chelsey is right:)And congrats on the new blog, it looks great!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlfrannn!! And I hope you're both right :)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan