If You Asked Me

Sunday, September 29, 2013


If you asked me…

If you asked me I would tell you I that I have been doing a lot of praying lately. Praying for my family and praying for our baby. Sometimes I have to write down what I need to pray for because I feel overwhelmed with things.

If you asked me I would admit that today was our first time going to church in months and I am so ashamed. It felt so good to be back but honestly I was nervous and embarrassed that we had let so much time pass. I worried about the looks we would get from others and what our pastor would say. It was good to connect with God again in His home though and we are going to get into a routine now because when the baby gets here, church will be a weekly thing for us.

If you asked me I would tell you I have been itching to put together a scrapbook from our honeymoon from a year and a half ago (I know, I know). I have all the supplies…now all I need is the time. I also bought my first Project Life book too and all its supplies and I am dying to get started on that one. I can’t decide though if I want to do a recap of this past year or should I wait until January 2014 to begin Project Life. What would you do? I need to start making time for the things I love more.

If you asked me I would tell you I am learning the power of “no”. Not in the way that I tell people “no” if they ask me something but in the way that I am starting to realize when my plate is getting too heavy and I’m only doing jobs halfway. I would much rather be doing an excellent job at two things than a so-so job at five things. So I am slowly learning to not be the first one to raise my hand or step up, to give others a chance to say “yes” first.

If you asked me I would tell you how grateful I am for Andrew. He has been absolutely incredible (more so than usual lately) with this pregnancy and I cannot wait to see a little baby in his arms because I know he will be the best dad ever.

If you asked me I would tell you I have been putting together a list of shows and books I want to watch/read when I am on maternity leave. The list is getting a little ridiculous in length but I can’t tell you how excited I am about it! It’s silly I know but how can you not be off for three months and not want to catch up on shows everyone talks about but you’ve never seen?! I have been watching “Gossip Girl” since January and am one episode away from being done with the series. I’ve loved it but I’m ready to get hooked on a new show (and not have it take so long either!). Do you have any suggestions of good shows or books I should add to my list?

If you asked me I would tell you I’m so excited for our babymoon in two months!

If you asked me I would tell you how blessed I am for all of you and for this blog.
Happy day friends! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan