Veggie Cheese Quesadilla

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I can't lie.  I made some pretty fantastic dishes for book club tonight and I was going to photograph one of them for this here recipe post.  As luck would have it the first person walked in at 6:30pm and I felt stupid busting out my camera to take pictures of the food we were about to devour.  Hence the reason I am recycling this recipe from Read, Eat, Create.  You may have seen it before if you followed me over there but honest to goodness this is the easiest dinner you will make and it is absolutely divine!  And if you make it, be sure to have a glass of wine.  And one for me too! :)


Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion thinly slices
1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly slices
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese
Hot Pepper sauce
Directions
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the corn, cumin, and oregano.
3. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
5. Place 3 of the tortillas on the counter and sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese over each tortilla.
6. Spoon the vegetable mixture on top, dividing it evenly. Dot with hot pepper sauce.
7. Cover with the remaining three tortillas, pressing down lightly.
8. Wipe the skillet clean. Spray with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
9. Add 1 quesadilla and cook until crispy and toasted in spots, about two minutes.
10. Lightly spray the quesadilla with nonstick spray; turn and cook until the tortilla is crispy and cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes longer.
11. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into four wedges. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.

2 comments:

  1. I do love a quesadilla and these look incredible. I've always wanted to start a book club!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're delicious Ashley! I promise :)
      You should start one too! I started this book club last May and though there were times I got frustrated you eventually get a good core group and it's a blast!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan