20 Week Ultrasound & Gender Update

Saturday, October 12, 2013


We had our twenty week ultrasound this past Tuesday. The entire weekend I was really getting excited to see our baby and by the time Monday came around, the excitement disappeared and it was replaced with fear and nerves. What if the baby wasn't developing right? What if something was wrong with him or her? What if, what if, what if…

I laid on the table when we got there and I could feel my stomach start clenching up into this huge knot until I heard the ultra sound tech say “There’s the little one”. I looked at the screen and then at the tech’s face and I knew all was right in our tiny world. As we counted ten fingers and ten toes, saw that everything was developing properly in the lungs and brain and saw the tiny little heart pitter pattering away, the knot in my stomach loosened up and vanished. To say it was a relief is a huge understatement.

Our baby was all sorts of active on Tuesday. Folded up so the feet were by the head, lots of kicking and head moving and more yawning than I thought possible for an unborn baby to do! It was all such a gift to see and I can’t thank God enough each and every day that our baby is warm and safe and healthy right now. 

This was the ultrasound where we could find out if little Campbell was a boy or girl but we decided to hold off. I always thought I would want to find out our first baby’s gender but now that we are actually pregnant, it felt like a good decision not to. The major life events that people dream up have happened for us in the last five years already and I want to hold onto every last bit of surprise that I can. From ages 22 to 27 we’ve graduated college, met each other, got real world jobs, survived our first solo vacation together, bought a house, got engaged, got married and adopted a puppy. Isn’t the last big thing on the list to start a family? It all happened so fast to me and I really wanted our baby to grace us with one more surprise before long sleepless nights and daily routines.

I didn't think I would have the patience to wait and I know Andrew is going to have a tough time with it but I know God will give us the strength we need to just focus on the baby’s health instead of the color blue or pink.

As of today, the little and I have hung out together for the last 22 weeks. It’s so weird to think that this pregnancy is already more than half way through and with the holidays coming up, time is sure to fly by even faster than it normally does. I’m just hoping to soak in as much time with him/her as I can because I have a gut feeling I’m going to miss the kicking and back flips once baby C get here in February!

9 comments:

  1. so glad everything was healthy and perfect! :) I was so nervous for our 20 week ultrasound and felt so relieved when I saw our baby! and how fun that you are waiting to find out - i do think it would be so exciting to hear it's a . . . . when the baby comes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!! It really is such a relief to see everything is going right!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. It is totally worth the wait! We didn't find out with our 3rd. Hearing my husband say it was a girl, was such a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I can't wait for that moment! Thanks Savanna :)

      Delete
  3. So worth the wait. I have a 5 year old and 2.5 year old twins and didn't find out with either pregnancy. It is such a special moment in the delivery room. People thought I was crazy not finding out with twins but I just love the excitementof not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that would be so hard to not find out with twins! Good for you...I have the same feeling too about the excitement of not knowing :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. baby gender by parents photo. www.facebook.com/groups/babygender/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pregnancy ultrasound photos take you week by week through pregnancy, showing you babies at various stages. www.panoramascan.com

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan