Fall Reading List

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

To keep with my last post's theme, I thought it would be fun to post a fall reading list.  I always seem to get so much more reading done in the fall than I do in the spring or summer.  There doesn’t seem to be as much going on and there really isn’t anything more perfect than listening to the rain fall outside with a candle and a good book.  Plus if I plan on getting rid of those books I talked about yesterday, I better get crackin’!
Without further ado, here are the ten books I hope to read this fall…
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  I absolutely loved this movie when it came out earlier this year but have never read the book.  Most of the high school English classes were required to read this one but I’m pretty sure my teacher just passed this by because I don’t remember opening it at all.  I can’t wait to go back to the Jazz Age classic in written form this time.
Island Apart by Steven Raichlen.  I have been in the mood for a light read lately and this one seems like it will be light and easy when I don't want to think too much about a plot.
The Well by Peter Labrow.  Even though I hate scary things, I've heard from fellow book club members (since I was supposed to have this one read by last night and haven't even started it yet) that this one is very good and not that scary.  Plus I owe it to those girls to read it!
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski.  I have a feeling that this one is going to be similar to Twilight or the Hunger Games since it was in the young adults section but it looks intriguing none-the-less.
How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neil.  Considering I've been on such a cooking frenzy (I meal plan now you guys!!!), I figured this would be a fun cute one.  Plus it has a dog on the cover.  I mean, seriously.
Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist.  After reading her last book, I have no doubts that I'm going to fall in love with this one too.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  There's been such a hype about this book and I've been dying to read it for a while.  Lucky for me, this is the book that was chosen for next month's book club.  I finally have a reason to dive into this read sooner rather than later!
The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski.  It has a pink and green cover with flowers.  Need I say more?
90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper.  Because I've been feeling like my life could use a little more eye opening with God lately.
The Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.  I started this one a while back and really loved it but never finished it.  It's time I pick it back up this fall.  Plus it's a sign with witches in the title and Halloween around the corner.

Have you read anything good lately?

2 comments:

  1. Gone Girl is amazing! Also loved Gillian's others Sharp Objects and also Dark Places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Sharp Objects and loved it so I have high hopes for Gone Girl :)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan