The Best Apple Crisp You've Ever Tried
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Everywhere you look, fall is officially in full swing with apples and pumpkins and flannels all over the place.
We recently held what was going to be our last bonfire of the season but just ended up being a cookout since it rained and I made apple crisp for dessert. Everyone seemed to love it and it tasted so cozy and warm with just a little vanilla ice-cream on the side. Mmmm…if this recipe doesn’t get you excited for fall, I don’t know what does. Try it this weekend. You will be head over heels for it!
I highly recommend using apples from the apple orchard for this recipe too. They always taste better than store bought!
10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
3. Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes.
5. Serve with whipped cream on top or vanilla ice-cream to give it a little something extra!
Labels: stir & sip