Coffee Date

Sunday, November 24, 2013


I've seen these coffee dates flutter around blogland (mostly with my dear friend Casey) and I love the idea of them so here we go.

If we were having coffee, I would invite you in my home instead of meeting at a coffee shop.  Home is always more friendlier when it comes to catching up.  Please put your feet up and don't mind all of the toys that Jack drags out and are scattered across the floor.  Would you like cream and sugar in your coffee?  I'l just stick with hot lemon tea.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker anyways.

If we were having coffee, I'd ask you about your family.  Is everyone healthy and well?  I would want to know that everyone is at peace and no one is hurting.  Family is the most important thing ever you know.  And you my dear friend, I would ask about your life and the happenings in your sweet world.  How is your hear?  Is there anything weighing heavily on your shoulders that I should pray about for you?

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I truly wish time would slow down.  I hit 28 weeks on Saturday.  How in the world am I seven months pregnant already?  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was peeing on a stick?  I can't wait to meet this tiny baby but I'm so afraid time is going to disappear just as fast when he or she is here and I won't have a chance to soak in all that baby goodness.  Sounds like a case of slowing down my life and paying attention to the important things.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you Netflix is my crack lately.  I finally finished Gossip Girl (how long did those seasons take me to watch...10 months?) and flew through Orange is the New Black.  If you haven't seen it yet, you must.  It sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last episode.  I'm now on season 2 of Parenthood and am cruising through that one all too fast.  It's not helping that I have a few projects I'm working on so once I start on those and flip on the TV, four or five hours pass and I have even noticed it.  I'm okay with it though especially this time of year.

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you I've had more headway on Christmas gifts this year than I ever had before.  It may have something to with having a baby and money is spread a little thinner than usual but I am almost done shopping (yes, the girl who always waits until mid-December is ALMOST DONE) and cannot wait to start wrapping since I'm not using traditional wrapping paper this year.  I'll give you a sneak peak of what I am going next time we have coffee (maybe even before).

Let's do this again very soon, mmmk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan