Friendship

Sunday, November 17, 2013


This girl makes me happy.
She loves me for me.
No guilt trips, no expectations, no competition, all just love and encouragement.

So many of my friendships have changed over the past 6 years. People who I always thought would be in my life have not, people who I never expected have entered.

This lady is the loveliest and the dearest to me. We used to meet every week at least once for a walk in the park across from my house. That was when I was lucky enough to have her live less than five minutes away. Now she’s still only 15 minutes away but I don’t see her nearly as often and it just makes our visits even more special.

She’s the kind of lady that I know will have my back no matter what in the world happens and she knows I will do anything for her.


When she told me she was pregnant, I was ecstatic for her but my selfish heart sunk just a tad. She would be so busy being a mom…would she forget about me? It was an egotistical thought, I know but it made me a bit nervous.
The thing is though nothing has changed a bit. Even when she told me she was pregnant with twins, everything stayed the exact same as it always has been between the two of us.

Then when I found out I was pregnant, I was afraid she would be a little dismayed…like I was trying to steal her time. I couldn’t have been more wrong though. She had the reaction of a true friend and told me she hoped her and I would someday be pregnant at the same time so our babies could be friends.


It’s good to have a friend like her on this crazy journey we call life. Everyone should be so lucky to have a Chelsey.

2 comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan