How To Survive Black Friday

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

 
This is my first Black Friday I'm not working since I was 15 years old.  I still can't get over the fact that I'm going to have the day after Thanksgiving off and not have to be to work at 3am or 8pm on Thanksgiving night.  It's blowing my mind people.  Mind freaking blowing.  Considering the better half of 12 years have been spent at some sort of shopping center whether I was working it or shopping it on Black Friday, I plan to stay as far away from stores as possible this Friday.  I'm becoming more of a Cyber Monday kind of gal.  However I know there are some of you who live for the Black Friday shopping and after being a part of that hectic day for over a decade, I thought I could lend some tips on things you should know before you hit the stores!

1.  Wear something comfortable.  This is a no brainer but I can't tell you how many people I've seen shop Black Friday in heels or overdress and then complain not even an hour into it.  Keep something comfy on your feet so you can run through the doors with all the other crazies and don't wear a coat in the stores because it WILL be a thousand degrees in there plus you'll have to get a red cup from Starbucks because everybody's doing it and then you'll start sweating with your big coat on.  Trust me, the last thing you want to do is carry around a winter coat.


2.  Have cash or a backup credit card with you.  Nothing is worse than that person in line who writes out a check on the busiest shopping day of the year.  Or worse when your card is declined and you have to call the bank "quick".  Not only is it embarrassing and a waste of time but the cashier and the line behind you will hate you.

3.  Know what you want.  If you have specific things you want to get people at a good deal, get them right away instead of browsing other places.  Or don't...but then don't be so disappointed when they're all sold out.  Just saying...

4.  Make sure your phone is charged.  You and your friend you go with will likely get separated at some point or you will want to call a family member on something for a Christmas gift.

5.  Stay hydrated.  It's hard for ambulances to get through a shopping mall parking lot because of dehydration issues so just don't be that person.

Good luck to all you Black Friday shoppers!  I hope you don't get trampled by the lady with too many 5 Hour Energy Shots in her!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to all, I have worked a Black Friday before, and will be happy to make my couch my territory for the day :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you could tell me where to score that top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found the original link to that outfit! Here: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_368/set?.embedder=4418173&.svc=pinterest&id=59850849

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan