How To Survive Black Friday
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
1. Wear something comfortable. This is a no brainer but I can't tell you how many people I've seen shop Black Friday in heels or overdress and then complain not even an hour into it. Keep something comfy on your feet so you can run through the doors with all the other crazies and don't wear a coat in the stores because it WILL be a thousand degrees in there plus you'll have to get a red cup from Starbucks because everybody's doing it and then you'll start sweating with your big coat on. Trust me, the last thing you want to do is carry around a winter coat.
2. Have cash or a backup credit card with you. Nothing is worse than that person in line who writes out a check on the busiest shopping day of the year. Or worse when your card is declined and you have to call the bank "quick". Not only is it embarrassing and a waste of time but the cashier and the line behind you will hate you.
3. Know what you want. If you have specific things you want to get people at a good deal, get them right away instead of browsing other places. Or don't...but then don't be so disappointed when they're all sold out. Just saying...
4. Make sure your phone is charged. You and your friend you go with will likely get separated at some point or you will want to call a family member on something for a Christmas gift.
5. Stay hydrated. It's hard for ambulances to get through a shopping mall parking lot because of dehydration issues so just don't be that person.
Good luck to all you Black Friday shoppers! I hope you don't get trampled by the lady with too many 5 Hour Energy Shots in her!