Pregnancy Must Haves

Tuesday, November 26, 2013


Burt’s Bees Belly Butter – I just got this belly butter last week but I have used it probably six or seven times and it makes my skin feel so soft.  I always get such dry skin in the winter anyways and adding stretch marks isn’t helping so this lotion is sort of my best friend lately.
Special K Pastry Crisps – I discovered these when I was in Target during my first trimester and I almost always have a box in the pantry now.  These pastry crisps taste so good and crunchy and they’re filling when you just need a little something!  My favorites are the blueberry but the chocolate are pretty delicious too!
Belly Band – This belly band my mom got me in the beginning of my second trimester and it has been AWESOME.  I am still wearing my regular jeans except now I get to do it with the button (and sometimes the zipper) undone and no one knows the better.  This is going to come in handy for holiday eating!
What to Expect App – There are so many pregnancy apps out there but I found this one to be the most useful.  Every week there is a description of what your body is going through and how the baby is progressing with a fruit size comparison (that part has been the most helpful to get a good perspective).  Also it gives you daily tips, forums for any questions and articles upon articles with any topic you could possibly think of.  I have it on my iPhone and iPad and check it daily!
Bottled Water – If you know me at all, you know I hardly ever drink water.  I’ve tried so hard but it’s just not good to me at all.  Luckily I’ve been so thirsty lately that the only thing that tastes good is water.  I’m a much bigger fan of bottled water though as opposed to tap water.  I’m one of the weird ones who can taste the difference.
Fresh fruit mostly apples and strawberries – Fruit has never tasted so good  than these last six months.  I was on a huge strawberry kick this summer where that is all I ever wanted, then this fall I was all about the apples and having everything taste apple like.  Lately now it has been green grapes that I can’t get enough of!
Forever 21 Sweater – Ever since I bought this sweater last month, I have honestly lived in it.  It’s heavy enough to keep me warm all the time during these twenty degree days that are sure to drop even lower very soon and it’s open so I don’t have to worry about it fitting over my belly.  It’s now the first thing I grab when I get cold instead of an old sweatshirt.  Plus I’m not nearly as embarrassed in it when people come over.  That’s a selling point by itself!
Bellybuds – My sister-in-law got me these when we first found out we were pregnant and I was a little skeptical about it in the beginning.  The first time I used them though, the baby started moving like crazy though and it was to New York New York by Frank Sinatra.  It was pretty cool to see what songs the baby reacts to so I try to use these as much as I can now.  Andrew and I are big music people so this is perfect to get our baby in sync.

1 comment:

  1. You're right that pregnant women must have these things at their disposal, just to make things easier. This is where bottled water comes to play. It's not always possible to have a bottle near you, so your husband may have to come up with creative ways just to make it easier for him to have one handy. Whatever he does, let's hope it works out for the best! Take care!

    Verna Griffin @ Axeon Water Technologies

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan