DIY Cork Board Messaging Hoop

Friday, January 17, 2014

Every now and then one of my closest girlfriends and I get together for a craft day where we do nothing but make things.  It doesn't happen nearly enough (since she lives out of state) but when it does happen, it is the most fun we ever have!  Over Christmas we got together and made these cork board messaging hoops and I couldn't be more in love with this craft.  I want to make a few more so I can create a whole messaging area with various sizes and colors!  But for now, the one I did make is making me very happy.


Here's what you need...Embroidery Hoop, Foam core (or we just used cardboard and that works fine too), Cork roll, Cutting knife or scissors, Glue, Paint and Paintbrushes

Here's what to do...1)  Trace embroidery inner hoop onto foam core/cardboard & cork roll.  2)  Cut & glue together.  3)  Press firmly and wipe away access glue.  4)  Let this dry, then insert it into the embroidery hoop and tighten the hoop.  5)  Use painters tape to make solid lines (or just free hand it) and start painting.  If you choose to do two colors, I would suggest waiting until one is dry completely before going on to the next one otherwise they might bleed into each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan