Dream Big

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This year is all about dreaming for me. Last week, I came to the realization that in two and a half years I am going to be 30 years old. When I was in high school and college, I envisioned my life a lot differently than it actually is and while it’s not coming up anything short of what I want or saw for myself, I also know that I can do so much more if I set my mind to it.

This year there is going to be so so much change, not only with a baby but there are going to be a lot of other changes that I haven’t mentioned. While there are things that are going to be beyond my control, there is no time like the present to make 2014 the year I’m going to be dreaming big and actually doing something about it. With our little one on the way (holy crap, only six and half weeks left!!!) , it will probably take bit longer than I planned to achieve these goals since I am not going to just be focusing on me anymore but that’s a small price to pay when I have the privilege of becoming a momma! I started reading this book this week and she makes lots of good points in her book but the biggest take away for me has been about learning. Learning to create, learning to let go, and learning to try new. Here are the steps I’m taking to create my dreams and make them a reality.

While I set my goals and dreams, I’m learning that it’s important to me to guard them. I’m not opening up what they are to my loved ones just yet because even though they believe in me and support me, they probably won’t connect with my vision until it’s underway.

First things first though: If you know me at all, you know I’m a paper/notebook/journal ADDICT. I got three beautiful new ones from my in-laws for Christmas and I've spent a lot of time the last three or four days just making lists and trying to pull all my ideas down onto paper so I know what I want things to look like. There has been a lot of crossing out and redoing but it’s coming together.

Eventually I plan on sharing with my family and friends what these goals are. I’m a person who needs people around me to encourage me or just to talk to about things and ideas so I know that I will need to feed off of others energy in order to make my dreams a reality. Again, I don’t expect everyone to understand my little goals that will eventually turn into big dreams right away, but I do expect to get feedback knowing my friends and family!

Most of these ideas running through my head I would eventually like to see blossom into something big but I also have small goals too. I am reaching for those things this year that I never thought I could do and I’m planning on giving them a try because why not? Honestly, I have nothing to lose and if it turns out it’s not for me, at least I've tried it. There was a time that I never ever thought that I could create anything with a needle and a piece of string but with a little patience from a dear friend, I embroidered a lot of hoops this year for gifts to family and friends. It was such a fun thing to create and people loved the personalization and time it took to make something. Little things goals are going to keep me sane between the big goals I’m dreaming of. I can’t wait to see what other doors are going to open later on that I don’t even know about yet.

Some of my goals this year aren't new. I’m just taking them and redoing how I am going to achieve them instead of just having them sit there and nothing happens. I’m erasing everything for them and starting from scratch…pretending they’re new even though they've been on my list of to-do’s for years. It’s refreshing to now have a plan on how I want to restart dream without having clutter or expectations around them!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow and Sunday as I share a few of my goals for 2014 and "my word" for the new year!
Are you doing anything special this year to achieve goals or dreams you have?

1 comment:

  1. I too, am obsessed with journals, writing paper, pens- I almost have to make myself not go near the target $1 aisle- they always have the cutest cards, stationery, etc. I re-write my lists over and over too- it's almost an obsession.. Love your blog!

    http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan