Grilled Peanut Butter & Jelly

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Earlier at work this week, I was making myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (because some morning you just have to grab the two jars and a loaf of bread and run out the door). 

My boss saw me and asked if I ever have tried it grilled.  Needless to say, my answer was no but I was completely intrigued and couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day.  Last night I experimented with making my first grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I.AM.HOOKED.

Have you ever tried it?  You honestly won't ever look at a regular pb&j again.  The peanut butter gets just a little melted and the jelly almost tastes caramelized.  Not to mention your bread is now adorned in buttery goodness.  Give this a shot on a night when making a big meal just seems like too much.


Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly

Ingredients
Two slices of bread
Butter
Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)
Raspberry Jelly (any kind will do but raspberry tastes the best)

Directions
1.  Make your peanut butter and jelly sandwich like normal (extra jelly!!)
2.  Butter both outside slices when you've got your sandwich assembled
3.  Turn your stove on medium high.  I find a non stick skillet to work best.
4.  Put your sandwich on the burner and flip a few times as the bread turns a golden brown.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

6 comments:

  1. Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly is one of my favorite lunches! I don't have it often, but when I do, it is a special treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I just now heard of it...it's so yummy!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this, but will give it a try very soon. MMMMM..,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie tweeted about this and I had to check it out! I think I have a new dinner plan tonight, thanks for the suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan