Next Up

Friday, January 3, 2014

I've got so many goals this year.  I feel like 2014 is going to be my year and I want to make the most out of every single minute instead of just watching days fly by without knowing where they're going.  On Wednesday, I talked a lot about my goals and dreams for the year and I thought it would be fun to share a couple for this year.  Here are a few goals of mine I want to accomplish for 2014...

1. Start Project Life and update it every week.  I first saw Project Life on Elise's blog and every week she posted about her progress I loved loved reading about it and seeing how she put hers together.  Elise updated her scrap booking project every single week so she is never really behind and I would love to do that this year.  I've already got all the things I need for it and a couple extra things ordered and on the way.  I just need to start taking pictures in 2014 so I can get started!  I'm hoping to share an entry every week too so I can show my progress.  Plus it will hold me accountable to doing it every week!

2. Read three books a month.  There's so many books that I've been wanting to read lately and I haven't been making the time for it like I used to.  This year I am going to really focus on reading again and get back into it.  I belong to a book club with a bunch of girlfriends so there will be that book every month.  I'm also joining Bonnie's blogging book club so I will have that book to read every month as well and that will leave me one book every month that I want to read for myself.  I'm sure some months I won't get three read and some months I will get more than three read but regardless the idea is to start reading more again!

3. Take more pictures.  Last year was a good one for learning my DSLR and getting to know more about it with some classes I took but this year I want to use it on a regular basis, especially with a baby on the way!  I got a tripod and a camera remote for Christmas from my parents and I know that will come in handy a LOT.  This will also come in handy with starting Project Life!

4.  Set new goals every month.  I have different goals set for the first three months of the new year.  I felt this was the best way to keep my resolutions fresh.  I'll be sure to share them every month in case anyone else is going to try to set new goals every month!

Stop back Sunday for "my word" for the year!  Then I will be done talking about goals and the new year...I promise!

What are some of your goals for the new year?  I would love to see you share them!

6 comments:

  1. I need to read more books too!! It's hard to find the time for it, but I know it will be so good for my soul :) I'm glad I found you at the #making2014count link-up. Excited to look around some more! ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I'm actually making one of my January goals to read just 20 minutes a day! Then I might be able to finish a book finally! Thanks for stopping by Jenna :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great goals! I have exactly the same goals as you except for Project Life. I plan to start reading more this year, and I have already read my first book of the year. :) Good luck accomplishing your goals. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm 40 pages away from finishing my first book too! Woohoo for accomplishing goals right away :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read more books this year too! I decided to read the books on Bonnie's list and I bought The Husband's Secret on my iPad and I already finished it! Now I can't wait to see what everyone else has to say about it. What to read next. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was it?! I went to the library to pick it up but it was already checked out. I can't wait to read it and join Bonnie's book club too!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan