Packing My Hospital Bag

Monday, January 27, 2014

 
 
robe // 2 plain tanks // 3 lounge pants // 4 socks // 5 slippers // 6 layering sweater // 7 nursing bra // 8
swaddle blankets // 9 baby Gap outfit // 10 hat // 11 socks // 12 onesies // 13 hair ties // 14 makeup removal wipes // 15 bobby pins // 16 lotion // 17 dry shampoo // 18  hydrating gel moisturizer // 19 lip balm // 20 DSLR // 21 i-pad // 22 book // 23 i-pad picture adapter // 24 video camera

For the sake of keeping things under the TMI radar, I’m not going to mention the essentials that I have packed including a hairbrush, toothbrush/paste, and underwear. Okay? So this is me not mentioning it. 

I read a lot of blogs for new moms when I started making a list for my hospital bag and I’m pretty sure I have everything ready to go. I finished packing my bag this weekend and it’s sitting in the baby’s room so all we have to do is grab that and the camera bag and we can be on our way when the time comes. Once we get closer to our due date, I will put the bag in the back of our vehicle but it’s been so cold lately and I don’t want to deal with frozen shampoo or lotion when we get to the hospital. Sounds silly but you understand if you’re living in single digit weather the last few weeks too!

I don’t know how long I’ll be in the hospital but I’m planning for two to three days. We are delivering really close to home so I can always have someone pick something up for me too if I need to.

My plan is to live in comfy clothes while I’m in the hospital (not much different than being at home come to think of it). I’ve got a couple tanks, some layering sweaters, a few nursing bra’s, a robe, slippers, socks, flip flops (for the shower) and two pairs of comfy pants.

For beauty, I am always using the Clean and Clear Makeup Remover Wipes and have recently become addicted to the Clean and Clear Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. It makes my face smell good and feel super hydrated. I have really dry skin in the winter anyways and I would imagine the hospital is going to be no different so this will be a life saver. I packed the Honest body lotion, lots of lip balm, KMS California dry shampoo (my favorite one ever!), and plenty of hair ties and bobby pins.

In my camera bag, I have my DSLR, video camera, and my small point and shoot camera. I’m also bringing my iPad with the picture adapter and a book (can’t imagine I’ll need this much but if I don’t have one, I’m going to wish I did). Oh and lots of chargers for everything.

For the baby, he or she has a “going home” outfit with a hat and socks, a couple onesies and a fluffy one-piece snowsuit/jacket. We also threw in a few swaddle blankets and a blanket for Jack so Andrew can give it to him a day or two before bringing the baby home and he can get familiar with the baby’s smell.

I’m sure I’m missing a few things and won’t realize it until we are at the hospital but I think I’m in pretty good shape. At least as far as packing is concerned. Once this baby gets here, that will be an entirely different story. Please let me know if you see something missing or have a good recommendation for hospital bag items!

8 comments:

  1. Don't forget:
    1. Your own pillow
    2. Bobby/breast friend for feeding
    3. Nursing pads

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good things here! what an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your multi vitamins and any other pills you may need. They charge you an arm and a leg in the hospital for them!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan