How January Went and February Goals

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I know everybody says it but where did January go?  That was the slowest/fastest month of my life and we are finally in the month of when our baby is due!  Yikes!  Before I get into sharing my February goals for the month, I thought I would recap how January went (and where I will need to improve going forward).

  • Drink 80 ounces of water every day - As hard as I tried to make this happen, it definitely didn't.  I think I needed to shoot low on drinking water and exceed expectations instead of failing this every single day.
  • Don't text and drive - I know this seemed like a silly goal since it's smart not to do it anyway but I can honestly say I made a conscious effort of not taking my phone out at all when I was driving unless someone was calling me.  
  • Attend church every single week - Sadly this only happened two of the four weeks.  The two weeks that we didn't make it were when I was super sick and cancelling everything that entire week and the other time we just didn't get up in time and couldn't make it to the late service.  That last one isn't a good excuse but...it happens.
  • Create more beautiful pictures - Instead of not putting thought into my lighting and creative touch, I thought about almost all the pictures I took and how I could make them just a little better before I snapped the shot.  It's nice because now that I have been working on Project Life, it's more fun to pick out pictures and print them when you know that you thought a little bit harder of what it's going to look like.
Now that the month is over, I don't want to lose sight of these past goals and am going to implement them into my every day life but keep adding new goals every month.  I still want to drink more water, not text and drive, attend church every single week, and create more beautiful pictures but I also want to keep my goal setting moving and am going to add new goals for this new month!

In February, I'd love to...
  • Drink 60 ounces of water every day
  • Finish de-cluttering and deep cleaning the house
  • Open the bible and pray on a more regular basis (maybe start She Reads Truth again)
  • Don't panic when I become a mom
Again some are more personal goals but some are goals that will have a dead line (the de-cluttering and cleaning house for sure) however I can always try to keep up with these types of goals.

Drinking water I felt needed to be on my goal list again but with a lower goal in mind just because I did so poorly last month.  I feel like the more I remind myself of this, the more water I will drink.  And if I exceed 60 ounces of water a day, it's only for the better!  I really have been in the nesting mode lately and want to finish de-cluttering and deep cleaning the house.  A few more runs to Goodwill, not letting piles stash up, wiping my hands of clutter and tossing/filing what doesn't need to be out.  I want to be ready for this baby when he or she comes and not worrying about that one pile that I haven't put away yet.  Opening the Bible and praying more often is a necessity this month.  It should be every month but I will have a little more time to thank God every day and I need to start taking advantage of this.  I did the She Reads Truth series back in 2012 and want to start that again too since it will force me to open my Bible every day.  Yes, don't panic when I become a mom is on my goal list.  The closer I get to the due date, the more nervous I get about becoming a mom so I know I will need to try my best to not panic and put a little faith in myself.

Do you make monthly goals?  I hope I'm not the only one who does this in order to stay on track!  These are all very achievable so I really am going to aim to stay focused on these new goals and also keeping last month's goals in mind.

Bring it on February!

1 comment:

  1. The pastor that I listen to says that if you read the bible just 15 minutes everyday you'll read the bible from cover to cover.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan