DIY Keds Shoes

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

031
I wore these shoes a ton last year and with spring coming up soon (....right??), I figured now would be a good time to post this so you can get your new shoes prepped for spring weather!

006

027
Here's what you need...masking tape, white canvas Keds shoes, fabric marker, fabric paint, PATIENCE :)

Here's what to do...1) Start off with removing the laces. 2) Mask off a line with a piece of masking tape and make your geometric lines based on that with your fabric marker. 3) Make a cute herringbone pattern throughout the front, little bit of sides, and back heel of the shoe. 4) Paint the middle section with black fabric paint (including the tongue). Let this dry for at least four hours. 5) Insert shoelaces and wear with everything!
030


Have fun with it and try different designs!  Heck, try it with every color of the rainbow!  I know these won't be the last pair of shoes I make for the spring!

2 comments:

  1. OK, this is my fave style of shoe and I LOVE yours!! Great job, hope you will post some pics of you wearing them with outfits.. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you like them! I normally don't do many style outfits posts but maybe I will with these shoes since I wear them all the time!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan