March Goals Recap and New Goals for April

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This month was more or less laughable when it comes to achieving goals.  Let's just cut to the chase.  The goals were:
  • Get business cards for the blog:  This didn't happen.  In fact, I think I completely forgot about this immediately after I posted on the good ole bloggy blog.  Better luck sometime this year.
  • Pre-write blog posts for the week every Monday:  For anyone who read  this month, we all know this was a fail too.  Pre-writing everything with pictures on Mondays?  What a dream...that's something I will be working on for this month though too because...maybe I'll just be a teensy more successful.
  • Get dressed five days a week (this seems ridiculous if you aren't a mom...a little makeup and jeans instead of sweats do wonders for a new moms self-esteem):  Showers and makeup didn't happen everyday but lots more jeans and not sweatshirty tops were worn so that's a plus in my book.
  • Read and dance and sing to Addison:  I can proudly say that this DID happen all the way.  Also, for anyone who has Apple TV I found a new radio station on the itunes stations called Frozen Radio (from the new movie Frozen) and it has all Disney songs from all the movies.  It's been on constant play around here lately.  I'm loving it and Addison laughs when I sing (she already thinks it sounds like nails on a chalkboard)  so it will definitely be on repeat for many weeks months years to come.

These are my goals for April:
1.  No buying clothes, shoes, handbags, or accessories for myself at all this month.  (I should also put books in here too but I don't want to make that commitment publicly).
2.  Start the 1800 Minute Challenge and stick with it.  I've already completed day one so I'm one for one already!
3.  Go through the whole house and spring clean the heck out of it.  If all goes well this should result in multiple Goodwill trips.
4.  Be more conscious of complimenting and encouraging others.

I'm officially done with the unnamed shopping spree I've been on the last month and a half.  No more clothes, shoes, handbags, or accessories this month.  I'm trying to declutter and eliminate things in the house and I just keep bringing more in.  Apparently I get uncomfortable when our checking account gets too high and I like to "fix" that problem.  Speaking of decluttering, this is the month where I typically go in all out cleaning mode with spring just around the corner.  I'm sure there will be even more piles to go through that I haven't yet and I plan on hanging out at the Goodwill drop off center A LOT this month.  The 1800 Minute Challenge started today and I got my first workout in since...July of 2013?  It's either July or August but aren't those really the same when it's been that long?  #embarrassing  I did the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD and I know I will have rolling out of bed tomorrow morning because I will be so sore.  Bikini season is coming way faster than what I'm comfortable with though so bring it Jillian.  As far as the last goal goes, I feel like lately I don't notice the little things on people and don't dish out enough encouragement so I'm making it a personal goal of mine to open my eyes and see the good and not just see it but let people know they are being seen.

Do you have goals for April?  I'd love to hear what yours are!  Leave a comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Love these goals, Erin! I need to get business cards for my blog too but it is definitely something that falls easily to the wayside. And I am on a no spend for myself budget until June. Too much shopping in March!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan