Sauteed Spinach and Garlic

Tuesday, April 22, 2014


I will be the first to admit that spinach used to freak me out a bit.  I never ate it but it was so leafy and looked like a garnish all the time so I just wasn't interested.  I'm finally growing up and eating big girl foods and I'm glad I finally tried it.  It's delicious in smoothies or salads but it's also really good by itself too!  With garlic of course.  Anything is good if you add a little extra garlic to it.

Sauteed Spinach and Garlic

Ingredients
1 bag of spinach
1 tablespoon of minced garlic or four cloves
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions
1.  Add some olive oil into a frying pan and warm on medium heat on the stove.
2.  Add the garlic into the pan and let it flavor for 3 minutes.
3.  Slowly add the spinach into the frying pan.  I add about half the bag and let it shrink before adding the other half.  This takes about 5-7 minutes.
4.  Mix around so the spinach is covered in the garlic and is shrunken enough that is isn't very leafy anymore.
5.  Enjoy by itself or as a side to your next dinner!

1 comment:

  1. This looks GREAT and I love spinach. Must try this!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan