Best Piece of Blogging Advice

Saturday, May 3, 2014

I apologize for the delay in today's post.  We had a little mishap with a vehicle this morning and it prevented me from sitting down at the computer.  All is well though so let's jump right into the third day of our Blog Every Day in May Challenge!  Today's topic is the best piece of blogging advice you've received.


I have done lots of research and read a few books on running a successful blog but the one piece of advice that I've found to be the best is keeping yourself original.  There are so so many blogs out there and it's easy to get lost or frustrated in the grand scheme of things.  Compairson can be a nasty bully in the blogging community but as long as you can keep your ideas and posts original, you will go a long way.

I feel like posts don't always need to be the most beautiful or glamorous with pictures and editing.  As long as you can write what you know and from your heart, your readers will be able to know the real you and hear your voice.  That's so much more important than what your edited life looks like.

Writing is the key to blogging anyways.  Sure, pictures are a lot of fun to look at (who doesn't love a good picture roll), but I personally have never connected with anyone just because of pictures.  I connect best with people when I read their words.

What's the best advice you've ever got in blogging?  I would love to hear more!




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan