Simplify

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Welcome to day four in the Blog Every Day in May Challenge!  Today's topic is react to my word for 2014: simplify.  This word has been a bit of a challenge for me because I want to live simply and declutter my life but it's been a struggle for me.  Here's how I feel about simplifying...


I chose the word simplify for 2014 to live by for a lot of reasons but mainly so that it would make me take my focus off the busy things in my life and point me in the direction of the less cluttery aspects.  

For me, a lot of this has to do with the physical items in my life.  The clothes I don't wear but don't want to get rid of, the birthday/holiday cards I don't want to get rid of because I feel like they will be important to look back on but are so plentiful in our house, the things I never use but what if I'll need it after I get rid of it...

Every month this year so far, I go through each room with a bag and either throw out or put in a pile to donate.  And every month I always have another heaping pile for both garbage and donations.  I don't understand how it happens.  I hope there will come a time when I can look around my house and be satisfied with the things I have instead of feeling overwhelmed.

So that was a little more than I probably needed to share but that's what simplified means to me: not feeling so overwhelmed and cluttered.

Leave your links below and don't forget to stop by the other blogs participating!

***In the "Name" box of the linkup you have 50 characters, and I urge you to write the name of your post, your blog, or something extra instead of just your name - that will make things more interesting here! 





1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan