The Spring Tradition I Love

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Today’s topic for Blog Every Day in May is a tradition you love.


Given that we’re in the heart of spring right now, I’d have to say one of my favorite traditions that my mom and I have done for years is rummaging.  I don’t even know if this can be considered a tradition but we both look forward to it every year and when the signs go up on the corners of the streets, I start getting all giddy and immediately think we will be going the next day.  

I still haven’t been rummaging this year but my mom has been calling me nonstop on Fridays and Saturdays because she always seems to find the best gems and has to tell someone.  Because duh, it’s hard not to when you find a treasure.

I don’t know what it is but I find pure joy in sifting through someone else’s crap because I know I will find something terrific.  I always try to go into it with little expectations though because if I’m trying to find a specific something, I almost NEVER find it.  Isn’t that just the way it works?

Helllllllllo rummage sale season!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan