JUNE GOALS BROUGHT TO YOU BY WHY-DO-I-BOTHER-MAKING-GOALS-ANYMORE

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sometimes I don't know why I make goals.  I've been making four new ones every month this year so far and I have yet to accomplish all four goals in a month.  I think I'm going to switch it up this month of June and shoot for only three goals with one of them being a totally fun one.  Before we jump into June though, let's rewind and look back at May...you know, at those goals I didn't accomplish like I hoped to.

1)  Research and try different products to strengthen my hair.  I did my homework on this one big time.  I read a ton of product reviews and tips and 10 days ago, I bought the Aveda Invati shampoo, conditioner, and hair revitalizer.  
2)  Complete the 1800 Minute Challenge.  I was terribly close to finishing this and when I went to open the document I saved on my computer with all my minutes everything was gone.  So.  Yeah.  I didn't complete it.  Damn technoogy.
3)  Finish the projects I started while I was on maternity leave.  I atarted working on these projects.  They're still a work in progress and I am not caught up on them quite yet but I'll get there.  Eventually I hop.
4)  No soda for the whole month (starting May 7).  I tried.  Not hard enough though but I tried.  And then halfway through the month I sort of gave up on this goal.  If anyone has tips on not drinking soda for a month (or even a week) I'm all ears.

Now...on to June.  I like to think of June as the new Jan.  Might as well make the most of these next seven months of 2014 since it's already almost halfway over!  I need to buckle down and make this yer count.  I felt like the first few months were a pass because I had a newborn and our family was getting adjusted.  We are all adjusted though by now and she certainly isn't a newby anymore.  Time to get these goals lined up and accomplished!

June Goals
1)  Make a Pinterest board of all the projects I want to make in 2014...and start making them!  I have ideas for home projects floating around everywhere and I want to put them all on one board so they're in one place.  Then I need to actually start on these projects!  Some of them are little projects that I want to hang on the wall and some of them are pieces of furniture projects but either way, I can't wait to get started on both the organizing and the doing of them!
2)  Drink 60 ounces of water daily (at least).  I know I know I've had water goals before that I have struggled with but if I can't cut soda out like I want to, I feel I should at least make it a priority to drink more water.  I can do this one right?  I bought a new water bottle recently and it's only three of those.  That's nothing right?
3)  Read three books.  I had a goal of reading three books every month this year and the only month it happened was January.  Ironically the only month Addison wasn't around.  I'm going to try to make this a priority again this month.  Instead of scrolling through the internet and Instagram on my down time, I'm going to put the electronics away and pick up a book.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't finish the 1800 Minute challenge either, I think I got 1200 minutes. I guess I was at least close though! I didn't even write a goals post this month because I didn't complete any of them! I'm still deciding if I want to write a post!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan