SLEEP IS OVERRATED...TIRED IS THE NEW BLACK

Monday, June 2, 2014

So the thing about sleep is, our house isn’t getting much of it lately.

Actually that’s a lie.  ERIN is not getting much of it lately.  The baby sleeps all the time, the dog sleeps allllllll the time and the husband…well he doesn’t sleep all the time but he’s getting a hella lot more than I am.

Last week, Addison woke up three times in three nights instead of her usual one time a night.  Then one night I got caught up reading archives of a blog and didn’t realize how late it was until 11pm.  I headed for bed but there were a TON of clothes piled on the bed so I went back to the computer for another half hour because who wants to deal with that...

On top of all this, I am having a foot issue that I am having surgery for on Friday (nothing major, just a toe thing) and it’s terribly painful when I put a cover on it, touch it against anything, think about it, look at it, etc.  So if I’m not awake because of a blog addiction or a crying baby, I’m awake because my toe is throbbing when I throw a sheet on top of me in my weak attempt in trying to get a little shut eye.

I never drank coffee before I had a baby.  Now I wouldn’t mind having an injection of it every day because I can’t get enough.

Tired is sooooo the new black.

2 comments:

  1. oh no!! i can't even imagine. why is it always the mom gets the short end of the stick on sleep?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't even the moms...we are just the food machines! I swear everytime I see my daughter she gets cranky because she thinks I'm only good for feeding her!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan