SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN THE SHOW-YOUR-BUTT-CRACK AND THE TOUCH-YOUR-UNDERBOOBS CUT

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Confession: I am 27 years old and still wear American Eagle jeans.  That’s kind of hard and absolutely embarrassing to admit.  They are the only jeans that seem to fit properly and still be long enough for my legs.  Everything else I either am required to wear a belt or they look like I am ready for the great flood of 2014.  I don’t win in the finding nice jeans department.  So I stick with what I know.  Except the problem is I’ve been wearing American Eagle jeans for the last ten years.  And now I’m a mom.  So.  There’s that.


I’m all for AE jeans still but they’re not all for me anymore.  I think the low rise jeans are even lower than they used to be.  Nonetheless they are a little too low for the mom me.  I bought these back when it was cute to have a little booty crack showing.  Oh wait, that was NEVER cute.  Hence the reason I’ve been putting my belt loop on the last hole since the beginning of time.

Moral of the story is I need new jeans.  But WEAR do I find jeans that are somewhere in the middle of showing the goods in the rear end and touching your underboobs?  I know what brands I would like to buy…if I was willing to spend $200 on a pair of jeans.  But yeah, I don’t have that kinda money to blow especially when the odds of spit up getting all over them are pretty high up there.

I need your help!  Where do you all find cute jeans that don’t look/feel too young or too old?  $75 for a pair of jeans is my max…and that’s even pushing it!  I got a few suggestions when I posted this question on Facebook a couple weeks back but I wanted to see if anyone else had suggestions.

On a happier note, maybe you want to enter this giveaway.  You know, so you can buy yourself a nice pair of...I don't know...jeans?

Treasure Tromp May / June Giveaway
ChemGradBoom | Club Narwhal | True Colours
Erica Jacquline | The Style Dunce | Love, The Campbells | Treasure Tromp
a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. I also still wear American Eagle jeans and my mom yells at me for it. I've started wearing New York and Company because they come in petite (and tall) and they're not too expensive. Plus they have sales constantly. I did just find pants at Loft that have different cuts to them that fit me really well. They weren't too low but they didn't come up past my belly button either. Just a couple of options out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to check out Levi's. I swear they are amazing, affordable, chic, and do not have booty crack issues. If there is an actual Levi's store in your neck of the woods, mine closed down, go there bc the sales associates know their stuff. If not try any department store. I believe I have gotten mine for under the 75 mark bc I am with you and not willing to blow my whole clothing budget on jeans.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan