EMBRACING A NEW SEASON

Sunday, August 31, 2014





it's been quiet in these parts lately.  i've been soaking in every moment of this sweet soft summer.  it's scary how fast the months fly by the older we get.  the saying the days are long but the years are short couldn't ring more true.  i've been spending my days at work and my nights with my family soaking it all up like a sponge.

we still aren't sure how much longer we are going to be in wisconsin and it's only a matter of time before we pick up and move everything we own to a different state so i'm trying to be more intentional with my time.  have addison spend as much time with her grandpa's and grandma's and aunts.  sneak out of work early to pick up addison and take her to my favorite parts of milwaukee.  sometimes we go to the library before heading home.  sometimes we go over to our friends house to visit with her boys.  sometimes we head home to pick up the pup and take a really long peaceful walk in the park across from our house.  i wanted to be in the moment every day this summer because i really truly blinked and it was my birthday and now i'm blinking again and tomorrow is labor day.  and even though it's not technically fall yet, labor day has always marked the beginning of fall to me.  so, two more days of true true summer left.

a new season is upon us.  and even though i want summer to stay because i can't believe it disappeared as quick as it did, i'm ready to embrace the changes of a new season.  i'm ready to live in the moment and document it as it goes.  we have a lot of exciting things coming up and as much as i want to be a hundred percent present, i also want to be more intentional with this blog.  i want to get back to my writing and remembering for years to come.

and i want to embrace the fall season.  it's my very favorite.  because if i don't embrace it, it might just slip through my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan