HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dear baby girl,

You turned six months on Saturday. And in another six months, you will have been with us for a year already. Where did the time go? It’s easily been the fastest time of my life and to see you grow and learn and change over your short time here has been nothing short of a miracle. You are so amazed at everything. You are so curious about everything. Your eyes get really big when you are interested and you make the goofiest faces I ever did see. Lately you've been into mimicking people, especially grandma when she says “Can you blow me kisses?” You twist your lips into a O shape and try so hard to do the same thing we do. This weekend you started this head tilt thing and it is the silliest ever.

You’re still nursing like a little champ and at the end of July you cut your first tooth and the second followed shortly after. I figured once teeth came, we would be done nursing but it’s still been going well and I’m very grateful for that. After your four month doctor appointment, we started you on rice cereal and you weren't a big fan so we switched you to oatmeal cereal. You liked that but it still didn't seem very flavorful. A week and a half ago we tried avocado and you loved it! I was hesitant about starting you on real food before you turned six months but you were oh so ready. Last night, we tried peas. You weren't sure about those but we’ll keep chugging along. I’m sure you’ll like them sooner or later. I’m excited to put my baby food maker to good use!

I’m still squeezing you into six month clothes since you have so many. Honestly, I don’t know how it happened but your closets and drawers are literally bursting at the seams. The funny thing about that is we don’t have a lot of nine month clothes for you. I’m kind of excited about that because now I can go shopping for you! Up until now, almost all of your clothes have been gifted to you by our wonderful family and friends (but mostly both your grandmas who spoil you rotten).

You are daddy’s girl through and through. You light up whenever you see him, which sadly hasn't been too often lately due to work travel. But it just makes the time with him that much more special and sacred. He loves you more than you’ll ever know and I hope you know he thinks about you every day and is constantly asking about you and requesting pictures when he’s away. He is a really good daddy and you two have the best of times together acting silly and pretending to drive tractors or motorcycles.

Sometimes when I look at you, I can’t believe how we have ever been blessed with you in our life. You have only been around for a little while, but you have grown both your daddy and I and have changed us in so many ways for the better. I want to be a stronger person for you. I want to capture all of our times together and hold them in a little jar to open on a rainy day. I want to wipe away all your tears and hurt and remind you that you are so loved by everyone around you. Know that when times get bad, God is always by your side and He will never leave you. He will lead you down the right path if you follow Him.

Happy six months my beautiful darling girl. I can’t wait to see where this life takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan