MOVING

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lots of things have been happening in our little world lately.  They’re crazy and exciting and scary and some of it doesn’t even feel real.  I’ve mentioned talk about a big change in a couple previous posts and I can finally tell you the first big thing happening in our world is that we are moving. 

Leaving our home is a lot more that leaving a home.  It’s a house of redemption, a home filled with memories, with our stories in its walls.  It’s a home we got engaged in and planned our wedding in.  It’s a home we became husband and wife in and a place we settled in with our new puppy.  These walls have seen the tears of fear and excitement as we learned we were pregnant and these walls could tell stories of the things that were witnessed during Addison’s first weeks of life.  We have changed and grown and built and broken down and built up and loved here.

The second big thing is we aren’t buying a house a few miles or towns away but we are soon picking up our lives and moving to Alabama.  Andrew and I have never lived anywhere but Milwaukee and with a recent job promotion came a relocation opportunity that we couldn’t pass up.  This has been a long time coming (this process started back in February) and we have been waiting for what our lives would look like for the past several months but we at last have a job offer with a destination.  It’s scary and exciting and completely different and I have gone through every emotion possible.  I’ve been all over the place with my emotions the past few weeks but I’m now taking it step by step.  A day at a time, a month at a time.  Because if I think about the upcoming changes in one big picture happening in our lives I get overwhelmed.  So step by step it is.

I’ve been feeling God pressed on my soul since all this came about.  He has made it clear that this is His desire for us and who am I to argue with that.  I am slowly learning what peace feels like and am accepting our upcoming adventure with an anxious heart and a baby who has no idea she will be turning into a southern belle.

Our home and Wisconsin has seen me at my worst and yet seen us change into who we are today.

It’s a beautiful piece of us and will forever be held closely in our hearts.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting! Your job promotion or Andrew's? If his, what is the plan for your career?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariane! It's Andrew who got the promotion. I'll still be able to keep my job (I think). It's still to be determined if work will let me do my job remotely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!

      Delete
  2. You're gonna LOVE the south :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I hope so :)
      If you know anyone who lives in Alabama and needs a friend, I can help them out since I know no one down there! Haha...this is my virtual friends wanted ad!!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan