A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO GOAL-SETTING

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

if you've been here for a bit, you already know that i love setting goals and challenges for myself. you also know though that i hardly ever follow through with them completely. and it's bad and i'm tired of it. it seems like i get bored quickly with my goal/challenge or don't have time to focus on it or simply forget about it.

2015 is going to be different. and i am so excited about the changes i'm going to make and the goals and challenges that are going to come from it. i'll share them once the new year starts...maybe some of my tips will help you too.

2014 was a busy busy year for us. there was a new baby, a new car, a new job, a new state, a new house. it's no wonder i accomplished none of my goals this year. i was too busy trying to keep up with everything that god was challenging us with to work on my own challenges.

as of two weeks ago, i've started writing out a to-do list every monday morning of things i want to accomplish throughout the week. it's got everything on there from reminders (addison bath mon, wed, fri - garbage day wednesday trash!!) to big things i want to finish up (write, stamp, and mail christmas cards - paint the rest of addison's room). both weeks i've gotten about 90% of the tasks completed. i feel like that's pretty good considering the list is typically a page and a half long.

along with these weekly tasks lists, i've also started working on my goals for 2015 and where i want to focus my energy toward. i can't wait to see how this all pans out because i have really big plans for this new year and i get giddy about them every time i even think about my new goals!

before i started writing this i was perusing around pinterest and saw this quote.

if i wasn't already excited about my new goals and new challenges, this quote got me really really anxious for what the new year will bring. i don't want to look back five years from now, or even one year from now, and realize i didn't achieve everything (or anything) that i wanted to.

do you ever find yourself stuck in this situation? any tips on how to stick to those goals or challenges that you give yourself? recently i read this post by elise and she NAILS it. i think it's part of the reason why i always quit halfway through...the middle just isn't as fun as the start.

2 comments:

  1. I try not to make goals too far in advance so that I don't get bored or procrastinate about them. I have a list of seasonal goals that I set for myself, and then I follow along with a monthly challenge that a few bloggers do as well. I keep my fitness/health goals separate from my other goals so I can see the bigger picture. Good luck with your new goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm going to try that this year too! a few goals for the year but mostly monthly goals because otherwise i forget all about my yearly goals! good luck with yours for 2015 :)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan