I'M CRAVING A BUMP

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

man, is it me or does everybody seem to be either pregnant or recently having a baby? i'm flipping through instagram and facebook and a new baby or bump pops into my feed almost on a regular basis.

it makes me miss caring around that little load in my belly like a heartache. the season of our life when addison came was so busy and hectic and stressful that i feel like i didn't appreciate it as much as i wish i would have. i know i was more scared and there were so many nerves going on and that's the majority of what i focused on when i looked at my beautiful baby bump.

we aren't ready for another baby quite right now. i mean i am missing caring around a little one and it's incredible what a woman's body can do. i never realized how amazing it was until i went through that experience and saw how my body reacted and changed and knew exactly how to handle itself when i didn't even know what to do.

it would be an honor to be pregnant again and i thank addison every single day that she chose us to be parents. i mean...us! we are the lucky ones who get the raise her and influence her and teach her how beautiful life is. but i also want this time with addison just her and her daddy and i before we introduce another one in to the family. i want her to have memories of the three of us going to the beach and the zoo and having family nights cuddled up under blanket forts and munching on animal crackers.

but you know what. the minute i find out i'm pregnant with our next one, i am going to cherish it. i am going to embrace carrying that baby and talk to him or her and sing and imagine how wonderful life will be when addison and that baby are sitting together and we get to call these babies ours.

so not yet. but i'll be ready when the time comes.

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet baby bump!! Addison will be a wonderful big sister when that day comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is certainly something in the water, because everywhere I look I see baby bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so timely because it seems like all we can think about these days is when we should start trying for #2. I'm with you, I spent the entirety of my pregnancy being totally freaked out so I missed the opportunity to truly enjoy and marvel at the process. Next round, I'm going to appreciate it so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so timely because it seems like all we can think about these days is when we should start trying for #2. I'm with you, I spent the entirety of my pregnancy being totally freaked out so I missed the opportunity to truly enjoy and marvel at the process. Next round, I'm going to appreciate it so much more!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan