late last december i was introduced to the 1 second everyday app and as i thought more and more about it, i decided to make it a goal of mine to record one second everyday for the entire year to document our family life. i shared a few snippets on instagram throughout the year but i wanted to do a full recap of it to close out 2016.
above is our year! it's just over five minutes (because there were days i skipped or felt like this was becoming too much or simply forgot) and now that i have it, it means everything to me.
in the beginning i became obsessed about it and kept thinking of exactly the shots i wanted to get for that one second. then i realized how intense this didn't have to be and if i missed a day or forgot about it, it wasn't the end of the world. something was indeed better than nothing and i'll just try harder in the future.
yes, it's a lot of the girls. that's just the season we're in right now. i wish i would have had this app before we had kids though because my early 20's and pre marriage and pre babies were all wonderful years but getting harder and harder to remember. but right now, my future self will thank me for this years from now when the girls are ten, fifteen, twenty years old and i can watch these sweet clips of them growing up.
some things i learned from doing this throughout the year:
- don't stress about it. try to get a clip everyday because how fun would 365 seconds have been but if you don't, use a video from a different day. it's OKAY.
- make sure your phone is always horizontal. i learned this a little later and i feel like it would have made all the difference in my video.
- set a reminder on your phone to capture a video.
- done is better than perfect.
- it does take up a lot of room on your phone but i backed up all my pictures on my computer constantly so i would have the room. you can delete the video from your phone after you add the clip into the app so that helped with room too.
i highly recommend this project and will continue doing it throughout the years. make it fun, don't stress about it and don't let it get complicated. if you do it, it will turn out AMAZING regardless of whether it's to your standards of perfect or not.
feel free to leave any questions you may have and if you ever need any help, reach out to 1SE support team. they were very good and helpful to work with.