LATELY

Tuesday, August 1, 2017


july has been dedicated for trying to find a good groove with a new city/state and new home. it took a bit to see how it would go but i'm slowly learning where things are without a gps and what our new normal will look like.

the start of this month was the very best though. my sister came down at the start of july and we spent a lot of time playing, unpacking the trailer of all our boxes (major shoutout to the best sister for helping me with that!!), boating, and swimming in the lake. the girls loved having their auntie around to be silly with and play games and blow bubbles with. the day after she left, our friends came to visit with their kids for a week. the four little ones got along so well and andrew took a whole week off (a rarity) so it truly felt like a vacation for all of us!

now that all our family and friends are gone and andrew is back to work, i've been trying to figure out a new schedule for the girls and i. normally i would be swimming with boxes and doing all the organizing things but because the home we are renting came fully furnished (everything down to the plates and towels), the only things we brought with us are clothes and toys. a day to unpack and organize clothes, a day to unpack and organize toys and i was done. 

it's the best -i don't have to deal with all the unpacking and figuring out where everything goes and the mess that comes with unpacking. but it's also not the best -i like to busy myself with decorating and organizing and unpacking. for now though, i'm enjoying not having to organize and hang things up and more of hanging out with my girls.

so we've been filling up the inflatable pool every day and playing a lot of dress up and splashing around on the water table and eating most of our lunches and outside and eating popsicles (sooooo many popsicles) and telling amelia a hundred times to stop eating play dough and allllll the fun things summer is made of.

and you know something? this art of slow living and not being busy isn't so bad ;)

4 comments:

  1. I know moving can be so stressful, and glad you are all situated with it all! I know it made it easier with not having to unpack so much :) I actually just had a talk with my husband how I need to let things go...I try and put too much on my plate. So today, I emptied my plate and did all things around the kids without all the stress. It was so nice ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! I'm glad you're finding some time to enjoy your Summer, too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so so good for the soul to take a breather. I always feel so refreshed when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know you can shorten your links with AdFly and make cash from every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan